Pastoral Care team
Phone: +61 (03) 5722 5217 or +61 (03) 5722 5111 (pager 217)
35-47 Green Street, Wangaratta, VIC3677
The Pastoral care team at Northeast Health Wangaratta gives emotional and spiritual support to residents, patients, families, staff and volunteers. The service is available to everyone, regardless of faith, tradition, religion or beliefs.
Our staff offer companionship and support. We listen to you in a way that allows you to explore and express your hopes and concerns, while drawing on your own spiritual and personal resources.
Pastoral care staff can help you by:
- listening to your story in a supported environment – this may help you to express feelings of confusion, sadness, grief or loneliness and help to clarify thoughts about your experience and the way to move forward
- helping you to explore issues of meaning, faith and doubt
- providing for your emotional, spiritual and cultural needs
- supporting you through grief and loss
- offering prayer, meditation sessions or memorial services, as well as offering celebration services or specific ceremonies and rituals to say goodbye.
Trained pastoral care volunteers support the pastoral care staff to provide these services. Religious leaders from your own faith are welcome to visit and provide you pastoral care and can be contacted by the nursing staff or the pastoral care staff.
Northeast Health also has a spiritual sanctuary, a quiet place open for reflection, contemplation and prayer. People of all faiths, traditions and beliefs are welcome to use this area.